The Connect 2 Colour Arts Competition 2016
COMMUNICATION • HARMONY • ACHIEVEMENT • TEAMWORK • SELF-ESTEEM
Connect 2 Colour, in partnership with The Telegraph Festival of Education 2016, are bringing together schools and students to celebrate the power of ‘Connectivity and Collaboration’ which is at the heart of this inspirational 2 day event.
The Connect 2 Colour Arts Competition 2016 aims to spotlight schools and their students’ creativity by challenging them to explore the concept of ‘Connectivity and Collaboration’ through 2D artwork, photography or a piece of creative writing.
Ignite your school’s creativity and explore your own interpretation of ‘Connectivity and Collaboration.’ Whether you are inspired to produce a single collaborative piece of work, or enter a variety of individual pieces, this competition will help your students understand and demonstrate how they can harness the power of ‘Connectivity and Collaboration’ in an impactful way.
This easily adaptable theme is open to all pupils aged 7-18 attending full-time education in the United Kingdom.
There are two categories:
Primary for pupils aged 7 – 11 (as of 31st August 2016)
Secondary for pupils aged 12 – 18 (as of 31st August 2016)
- The winning school in each age category will receive £250 prize money sponsored by Connect 2 Colour
- All 8 final schools in each category will receive complementary festival tickets for 2 adult and 6 students per school for Friday 24th June
- The finalists’ work will be displayed for the duration of the festival in the V&A Café Gallery at Wellington College
To enter your work, please email your creative writing or submit up to 4 photographs of your art work, with the following details:
Name/s of student/s, age category, school, title of work, accompanied by a name and contact email for the supervising member of staff to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all entries is 5.30pm Friday 3rd June 2016
The finalists will be notified by Tuesday 7th June 2016 5.30pm and final judging will take place at the Festival of Education on Friday 24th June 2016 .
Once you’ve submitted your entries, keep an eye on the Festival of Education website http://festivalofeducation.com/ for news of the competition and for twitter updates. We will also be sending twitter updates throughout the festival .
Connect 2 Colour will be located at stand S14/S15 throughout the festival and would very much like to ‘Connect and Collaborate’ with YOU.
Telephone: 03301 241824
1. Students may work as individuals or in teams, each individual/team may submit only one entry
2. Entries can be in the form of 2D Artwork, photography or creative writing and must be provided for the finalist exhibition in printed/completed form and mounted on card or canvas to a maximum size 100 x 100 cm
3. All submitted work must be the pupils’ own
4. Finalists will be responsible for the delivery and collection of all submitted entries to and from the festival site and are exhibited at the contributors’ own risk
The Telegraph Festival of Education and Connect 2 Colour Team